I’ve been on summer vacation for almost a full week. As I look back on the past week, I thought that I’d write a “Ten Things Tuesday” post in honor of this first week of vacation.
1. I had a “Girls Day Out” with my Mom and my grandmother. We had lunch and enjoyed the time together. As busy as those last few weeks of school are, I wanted to spend some time with them when I wasn’t thinking about packing up my classroom or paperwork on any of the other end-of-the-year tasks that peppered my to-do list.
2. I went on several rides on the country roads in my county and enjoyed just relaxing and enjoying the beautiful scenery.
3. I reconnected with an old friend I hadn’t seen in years. This has been such a gift!
4. While in a nearby town, I discovered a park that I’d never visited before. It had a nice walking trail and a peaceful creek. I look forward to visiting this park again.
5. I continue to participate in the Teach Write Time to Write workshop and not only look forward to that dedicated writing time, but also to hanging out with the other teacher writers who participate. They’ve inspired me so much as a writer!
6. I’ve been able to read several books and am waiting impatiently for an email from the library indicating that books I have on hold are ready to be checked out.
7. I’ve spent time clearing out old papers and files at home. I started doing this at school before the end of the year and now I’m doing the same thing at home. I love the feeling of being able to toss and shred so many things!
8. I have gotten back on track with walking. Between state testing and the end of the school year, I made too many excuses not to walk. But that’s finally changed and I already feel better!
9. I worked on a presentation that I’m giving for two VSRA meetings later this month. I’m looking forward to spending time in northern Virginia and southwestern Virginia. It’s been a long time since I’ve traveled to the southwest part of the state, so I’m excited about doing some sight-seeing while I’m there.
10. I’ve stayed up late and reveled in being able to sleep in without having an alarm beeping in my ear. I love to write late at night and being able to take advantage of this time has been wonderful!