Today’s post was inspired by two fellow slicers, Christie, who blogs at wonderingandwandering.wordpress.com and Leigh Anne, who blogs at adayinthelifeof19b.blogspot.com. Christie and Leigh Anne wrote about events in their life since last March and as I reflected on what happened since last year’s challenge, I realized that a lot has happened!
Since last March I…
- have blogged every Tuesday as a part of the SOL community.
- taught my first online class, which was amazing! I loved connecting with the educators who took the class and look forward to teaching two sections of this class in the summer.
- presented two professional development sessions for teachers in my district.
- presented two sessions at the Virginia State Reading Association conference.
- served as president of the Shenandoah Valley Reading Council.
- was installed as the Vice President of the Virginia State Reading Association.
- started planning the 2019 VSRA conference. I’ve already signed a number of contracts for speakers and I’m looking forward to some amazing learning opportunities.
- worked with a graphic designer to create artwork for the 2019 conference. I’m really pleased with the end result!
- traveled to Orlando, Florida, to attend the ILA conference. I had such a great time with my VSRA colleagues!
- submitted the paperwork for recertification. It’s hard to believe that I received my initial license in the summer of 1998. That seems like a lifetime ago!
As I reflected on this list, I also discovered that there is a lot of fodder for future posts. This exercise was great for thwarting writer’s block!