Today’s slice was inspired by a fellow blogger:) Jone Rush MacCulloch wrote a slice titled “Ten Things Thursday” and I used that as my mentor text.
- It’s 70 degrees and of all days, I’m wearing a turtleneck sweater. I am roasting and should have paid more attention to the weather forecast for today.
- I’m currently reading The Selected Letters of Laura Ingalls Wilder. I loved the Little House books as a child and it’s fascinating to read her letters, especially the ones about her books.
- The VSRA conference is next week and I can’t wait! Not only am I looking forward to amazing sessions, but I can’t wait to connect with folks I haven’t seen in a long time.
- I realized that this year’s spring break will be the first since 2007 when I haven’t had to write papers or do work for a graduate school class.
- A student stopped by on his way to the bus to show me a stuffed animal that he received as an early birthday present. I love these spontaneous conversations because they provide opportunities to continue the development of relationships.
- I’m listening to music as I write this and love these lyrics: “Don’t you be afraid of giants in your way…”
- The Green Valley Book Fair is this weekend and I can’t wait to go shopping! If you’re ever in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia and you love books, then this is a place that you will want to visit. I especially love that they highlight Virginia Reader’s Choice books, which is one of my favorite things sponsored by VSRA.
- This activity was harder than I thought it would be. I thought that this would be an easy slice, but I’ve been working on this post for about thirty minutes. I’ve added, changed, and deleted several things already.
- I’m scanning my table at school and I realize that my bottle of sanitizer (or “hanitizer,” as the kids often call it, is almost empty). I need to check the Clorox wipes situation, too, because I have really been going through them recently.
- It’s a Grey’s Anatomy night, so I need to check-off a few things on my to-do list before I can sit back and enjoy the new episode.