I saw the following on Musings of an old English teacher’s blog during last week’s SOL challenge and I couldn’t wait to answer the questions about my reading life! Thank you for the inspiration!
What are your top three book pet hates?
- Unwillingness to try new genres or authors
- Book snobbery-especially with kidlit
- Telling a child they can’t read a book
Describe your perfect reading spot.
A hammock under a nice shady tree on a summer afternoon.
Tell us three book confessions.
- I only read the first Harry Potter book because it was required for a class. However, I fell in love with the story.
- I have been known to forget about things in the oven or on the stove because I get engrossed in a book.
- My friends and I were addicted to the Sweet Valley High series in middle school.
How many books are on your bedside table?
Most of my books are digital, but I keep my Kindle close by!
What is your favorite snack to eat while you’re reading?
I love to eat pretty much anything and everything when I’m reading!
Name three books you would recommend
- All of the books in the Harry Potter series
- Out of My Mind by Sharon Draper
- Anne of Green Gables
Write how much books mean to you in just three words.
Best friends forever
What is your biggest reading secret?
The amount of money that I spend on my reading habit:) American Express needs to have a spending category devoted just to book purchases!