The day is almost over. I’ve been working on school stuff and finally finished the last thing I needed to do in preparation for tomorrow’s Google Meets. I almost forgot to blog!
I decided that I needed to remind myself of all of the things that brought me joy in 2020. My friend Jen Laffin at Teach Write has a challenge for the month of December that focuses on those things that were joyful in 2020 (#JOYSOF2020), so I thought I’d get started by thinking about five things that brought me joy this year.
- My significant other and I celebrated one year at the beginning of June. M has definitely brought so much joy to my life and is such a blessing!
- I’ve been able to spend quality time with my Mom and grandmother while staying at home. I have cherished this time with them and that time has been priceless!
- The Teach Write group brings me joy every time I log on for one of our writing sessions. These teacher-writers inspire and encourage me and I cannot imagine my writing life without them.
- I’ve tried new teaching methods, and not all are related to technology or online instruction. I love learning new ways to help my students
- Serving on the Virginia State Literacy Association Board of Directors always brings me joy. I love working with other educators who are also passionate about literacy!
So, while 2020 has been a challenging year, there have been joyful times. Now, I want to continue this line of thinking and add to this initial list! What brought you joy during this year?