In honor of Day 10, I thought that I’d post about 10 of my favorite professional books. These are books that I refer to on a regular basis and have a special place on my physical and virtual bookshelves. However, since I did have trouble narrowing this list down to 10, I should have saved this for a post later in the month when I could have included more titles:)
- Words Their Way: Word Study for Phonics, Vocabulary, and Spelling Instruction by Donald Bear, Marcia Invernizzi, Shane Templeton, and Francine Johnston
- Preventing Misguided Reading by Jan Burkins and Melody Croft.
- Early Intervention for Reading Difficulties: The Interactive Strategies Approach by Donna Scanlon, Kimberly Anderson, and Joan Sweeney
- Patterns of Power: Inviting Young Writers Into the Conventions of Language, Grades 1-5 by Jeff Anderson and Whitney LaRocca
- Ink and Ideas: Sketchnotes for Engagement, Comprehension, and Thinking by Tanny McGregor
- Diagnosis and Correction of Reading Problems by Darrell Morris
- Enticing Hard-to-Reach Writers by Ruth Ayres
- 59 Reasons to Write: Mini-Lessons, Prompts, and Inspiration for Teachers by Kate Messner
- Heart Maps by Georgia Heard
- Bringing Words to Life by Isabel Beck, Margaret McKeown, and Linda Kucan
This list filled up quickly and there were so many books that aren’t included here, but that I rely on regularly. What would you include on a list of 10 beloved professional books?