It’s the first day of the new year and I’ve been staring at a blank page for nearly an hour. I wrote a little, scratched out a little, and wrote again. I tried out a few ideas, but nothing felt right, at least not for today. So, I did some digging and rediscovered an idea from a fellow slicer, Leigh Ann Eck. Leigh Ann wrote a post about her happy list and I realized that this was a perfect prompt for the first day of this new year. You can click here to read Leigh Ann’s post.
My Happy List
- Spending time with my family
- New books to read
- A slice of my Mom’s coconut cake
- Family photos, especially of those family members no longer with us
- InkJoy gel pens
- A fully charged Kindle loaded with books
- Not having to set an alarm during break
- A cup of hot tea
- Watching UVa’s sports teams
- Listening to my students’ stories
- Hallmark Christmas movies and a bowl of popcorn
- Cortisone shots that are helping conquer the pain in my knees
- Getting that email from the library that a book on hold is now available
What’s on your happy list as we begin this new year?