I was inspired by “Ten Things Thursday” posts from the March SOL challenge, but decided to change it to Ten Things Tuesday:) My list includes ten things that I did during last week’s spring break. This was the first spring break in a decade that I didn’t need to write a paper, get ready for or take an exam, or read books and articles for a class.
10. I worked on developing some ideas for for the 2019 VSRA conference. I brainstormed ideas for the theme and worked on my list of authors. I am so excited to have this opportunity to chair this conference.
9. I went shopping on two different days, but the only things I ended up purchasing were books and tennis shoes. I’m not much of a shopper unless it’s a bookstore!
8. I binge-watched old episodes of Grey’s Anatomy on Netflix and Lifetime. I love the first few seasons, in particular.
7. I sat in my favorite recliner, which belonged to my grandfather, and read books while drinking sweet tea.
6. I sat up late to read…a lot:)
5. I went out to eat several times over the course of the week. I don’t cook much, but I love to go out to eat!
4. I enjoyed going for rides and exploring country roads. There are so many roads in this area that are perfect for relaxing drives.
3. I spent some time planning summer trips and professional development. I’m going to the Children’s Literature Conference at Shenandoah University in June and I’m so excited about this opportunity! I’ve wanted to do this for years!
2. Spending Easter with my family was special. I was able to visit with several cousins I hadn’t seen for a long time and Easter dinner was amazing. This time together fed both body and soul.
1. Spending quality time with my family was the best part of the holiday! The memories that we made over the week are priceless!