This evening, when I sat down to write my slice, I struggled to write. I had several ideas ready, but none of them really clicked with me today, so I decided to give myself a break to read and comment on other blogs. One of the first that I clicked on was Lauren Petri’s blog and I discovered my inspiration for the day. Lauren’s post was based on a slice by Leigh Ann Eck. Leigh Ann’s post described five things that she would take to a “favorites party” and she invited the SOL community to join in. Today’s post is my RSVP to the party and I appreciate the invitation! Thank you Leigh Ann and Lauren!
- First, I’ll bring my favorite playlist of music. This playlist inspires me and encourages me and when I struggle to write, I often listen to this music, which is a mix of classical and contemporary Christian.
- Sweet tea is high on my list because I can’t go anywhere without it. I particularly like Chick-fil-A’s ice and tea, but since the nearest Chick-fil-A is a good forty minute drive from home, I guess McDonald’s tea will have to do:) Thank goodness they sell it by the gallon!
- My Mom’s cookies are a must for any party. She is an incredible baker (unfortunately I didn’t get that gene) and since all of her cookies are amazing, I’ll have to bring a sampler. Chocolate chip, oatmeal chocolate chip, sugar, peanut butter…you name it, we’ll have it!
- I love Grey’s Anatomy, so I’d bring the episodes that I’ve downloaded on my iPad. I particularly love to watch the first couple of seasons. We could do some serious binge watching!
- Finally, I’d bring some friends who aren’t slicers so that I could introduce them to this amazing community of writers!